A message from the Board of Directors of the Northumberland Orchestra and Choir
The Board of the Northumberland Orchestra and Choir has been following the continued evolution of the coronavirus (COVID-19) globally and locally. Through this challenging time, our top priority remains the health and safety of our members, employees, patrons and partners. We express our deepest sympathies to those who have been affected.
We recognize that there have been cancellations of some events and performances that were slated within the month of March by other organizations. The Ontario Ministry of Health recommends an immediate suspension of all large events and public gatherings of more than 250 people. We have also heard from members who are curious about our rehearsal schedule, our April 25 and 26 concerts, and our Bingo fundraising dates.
On Tuesday evening the Board met (via Skype, not in person) and in the best interest of our members and patrons, decided to suspend the remainder of the 2020 season. All rehearsals and performances are cancelled. In addition, we are advised that our bingo dates are also suspended.
Please note that the Board and Steering Committees have already begun work on the 2020-2021 season.
Meanwhile, we can’t say it enough:
- One of the very best defenses we all have against getting coronavirus or the flu is to ensure you wash your hands frequently and thoroughly.
- It’s also a good idea for everyone to adopt a no handshake or hugging policy right now. A friendly smile or wave works well.
- Follow regular flu season precautions and stay well rested.
- Stay prepared, ensuring you have water, food, and key staples, as well as necessary medicines on hand at home in the event you become ill or are quarantined.
- If you are feeling ill, please stay home until you are well.
These actions and minimizing our social gatherings will help slow down the community spread of this virus.
These are unprecedented times…thank you for your patience, please take all necessary precautions, stay safe and stay positive!